Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

school's out forever


When I think of reunions, I think of how either people love them or hate them.  Either you've gained a bunch of weight, or don't have the best job, or Mr. Popular is now Mr. Balding!  So many emotions run through my head.  I think of fun times and I think of the bad times.  Mostly I think of how I thought I knew it all and I realize, 10 years later, I have a long ways to go!  Kyle had his 10 year reunion this past July.  Here is his story: 

Yes... I am alive on the Blog world!  I don't blog enough and I have to give much credit to my wife for doing a great job.  Lets get a few facts straight, I grew up in a small town and I graduated from Kemper Academy with a whopping 25 people in my class.  So needless to say it was not a tough challenge to get the reunion organized.  I started a facebook page and began looking for my former classmates online. It escalated from there and I would have to thank Amanda Harpole Snowden for setting everything up in Meridian. We had a "social" or as I call it a get together at my parents house in Meridian on Friday night as we grilled out burgers and had a good time catching up. I think we had 10 or so people come and it was a good time. We had our actual reunion at Crescent City Grill and had 14 classmates show up. I had a great time and it was good to see some of the people I spent 13 years or more of my life with.  Hopefully we can organize a 15 year reunion and have the same or bigger turnout.


We took our children with us on the trip and they were good dogs on the ride down.

Hanging out on my parents patio catching up
My wife telling everyone what I have been up to for the last 3 or so years.
As I found out that weekend not much has changed with everyone. Felicia still uses her hands to talk!!!


The is the restaurant we had our reunion at.


The group photo of us at the Crescent City Grill. It was so good to see everyone!

  • Let's rewind to Angie's 10 year reunion that was in October of 2007.  Since I was an offiicer, I got to help plan my reunion.  This was before facebook was real popular.  MySpace was catching on and there were only about 25 of us on there.  I graduted with about 250 students. It took a while to find people but we tried all we could!
  • Friday night: We had a cookout at Bolton High School and toured the school since it has changed/built up so much.
  • Saturday night: We rented a place downtown and had a DJ and such. 

Me, Heather and Kima touring our high school on Friday night.
We had a really fun time.  I can't believe how much it has grown! They've added so much!  I really enjoyed seeing where I use to practice, learn, and be a kid!
Kyle and I just got engaged a few weeks before! Whew, glad a had a date!

Curtis, Jimmy, Kima, me, David hanging out at the flying saucer.  I miss those crazy guys!

Wow, Kyle looks a little different? Oh wait, he is 60 lbs heavier! But still a hottie!

Some of the girls from back in the day.  My how times have changed.

We had a pretty good turn out.  I am a little jealous that all Kyle had to do was send a facebook message to 25 people and go to dinner.  I guess that is what happens when you have a c/o 250 compared to a c/o 25!

We got the award for newly engaged couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment