Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

UTM-tonight, we are YOUNG

I went to the University of Tennessee at Martin. It took me 5 years to finish since I changed majors. Which makes it 10 years since I graduated! My how time flies and times change.

Well, I got an invite for the young alum meet up in Memphis for April. I was SO excited! This kind of stuff makes my day and I love to see old friends. Right when I got the invite, I forwarded it to all my college friends that live in Memphis. Being the nerd I am, I immediately RSVP'd. However, some of my friends did not get the invite. We came to realize that this event was for the young alum-you had to have graduated within the last 10 years.

So if I would've graduated on time, I would've been considered an old alum. This girl IS NOT OLD! I was applaud! Some of my friends graduated before me but since we know the young alum director, they got to come!

I didn't know a whole lot of people (besides my friends). I'd say I recognized about 6 others. But they  all were "young!"

Look at those youngsters! Shelly and Cindy! They are singing "Toooooooonight....we are YOUNG!" by Fun.

April and Kristy. Kristy knew a lot of the young alums since most of them went to the high school where she was their guidance counselor! She felt very old!

Steph and I was on the 5 year plan so we barely made it! We are young (but it's about to be over)

3 of the 6 of us were considered young. And the 3 of us were on the 5 year plan so really we all are all old! What a fun time to relive college days! Maybe they can extend the young alums to the past 15 to 20 years!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment