Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

food for finance: it really happened

(healthy) food for finance is a column where we talk about how fitness and finance correlate with each other. join us on our journey to be both physically and financially fit.


"Wealth consists not in having great possessions but in having few wants." Epicurus

Last month, I talked about how we completed baby step 2. Currently, the only debt we have is our home. We had fun checking off our debts from our debt snowball. FUN? How is it fun to pay bills? When you see it on paper, you see results! Like weighing in, we were losing debt!  We made cuts. We were putting all of our extra money towards our debt. It was exciting to see where we were headed and how much freedom we'll have once we are totally debt free! Finally, we only had one debt left....the dreaded student loan.  We were super weird and paid the remaining balance off in 5 months! It did not hit me until I got this letter in the mail a couple of weeks ago.

WHOA!
All of our hard work paid off! It did not hit me until I saw it on paper because we rolled right along with the plan and started baby step 3. Ah, such a relief! We told our financial peace class about our success and since then, others have completed baby steps. It is nice to go through this process with others so I can say "oh yeah, I know exactly how you feel!"

No comments:

Post a Comment