Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

getting lucky in kentucky

Back in April, we went to visit Leah (Kyle's sister) and Josh in Kentucky. They live between Louisville and Lexington. Nana wanted to come as well. I think she wanted to spend some special time with Jonah since we had a packed weekend with the Lacks.
 
We left on a Thursday night and stayed in a hotel outside Nashville. Jonah's 1st hotel stay. He did wonderful.Then we got up on Friday and stopped by the zappos outlet on the way in. That's a fun place if you ever get a chance to visit.
 
Friday night we hung out at the house while the Lacks cooked for us. Yummy!
 
We had a packed Saturday. While Nana kept Jonah, the 4 of us started the day in Frankfort at the Buffalo Trace Distillery.
 
 
 
 
 
Our tour guide was great. I learned a lot about whisky that day.
 
 
 Smelling the whisky. There is a fine art to making it.
 
 Next we went to Keenland, a horse track in Lexington. I really wanted to come up on Derby weekend but I couldn't talk the Lacks into it. Funny the race we went to was the biggest at Keenland. It was the Bluegrass Stakes! It was SO busy. Next time I will know to pay for upstairs seating.
 
Taking a look on who to bet on. 
 
 
Josh & Kyle placing their bets.
 
 
 I got close to watch one race.
 
 
I forgot my big hat.
 
 
 Apparently, this was a big horse race. It was on NBC and a pre-qualifying race to the Derby.
 
 We know what to do for the next time. Get a big hat and buy assigned seats! We were not lucky in Kentucky.
 
 On the way back we stopped at Rebecca Ruth's for some Bourbon Balls. YUM! I think that was my favorite part of the trip.
 
Nana had a fun day with Jonah.
 
 
 Aunt Leah and Uncle Josh. Jonah looks mad or more like "stop taking pictures mom!"
 
 We ate dinner at the Bell House where Jonah sat in a restaurant high chair for the 1st time.
 
Kyle & I both got the hot brown to eat. I'd never heard of a hot brown but you know Kyle knew about it. He loves food network. In turn, he likes to cook and that makes me happy!
 
After dinner, Jonah was loving Uncle Josh. He was making Jonah laugh!
 
 We left Sunday and stopped to eat outside Nashville. Jonah has Nana wrapped....look he is even taking all her money.
 
Jonah was great on the ride home. It is about a 6 hour drive and he was a trooper. I love being his mommy. His 1st long rode trip was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment