Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

grand champions: the bluff city bulldogs

I'm married to a man that is a member of not only an awarding winning BBQ team, but GRAND CHAMPIONS! I seriously should never have to cook again.

At the beginning of the month, we went to Mississippi State for the annual Super Bulldog Weekend. The team entered in the BBQ contest again. It's their 3rd year to enter (they've won something each year!) There were about 15 teams total. 

Low and behold, they won 1st in ribs, 1st in whole hog and GRAND CHAMPS! So, they were the best all-round team there! 

I mean, where do they go from here? They've hit the top!


Being judged...

The real judges, my parents! They agree with the grand champ status. 

Since I had an 18 month-old and a 5 1/2 week old, my parents came to help us out so we could have a good time. That morning I took them to the Cotton District Arts Fest while my in-laws came to switch babysitting duties. It was truly a family affair. 

The award-winning hog. Poor girl...

Enjoying the WIN!

My sweet parents with their grand champ son-in-law

While we were hanging out....Pops got his playtime in...

Then he got Charlie snuggle time.

And here is our mini-van selfie. 
I'm a fan. We fit all of our luggage plus a rock-n-play and the B.O.B stroller and still had room. I'm pretty sure the stigma has changed. If you DON'T have a mini...you're the uncool one! 


No comments:

Post a Comment