Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

colossians 1:24

"Now I rejoice in what was suffered for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ's afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church."

As of October 31, Kyle and I became new members of Colonial Hills Church! We had been on a church search for a while.  I really enjoyed my old church but we felt like we needed to move our church home within our community. Kyle grew up Methodist and I grew up Baptist and our new church is a great fit for the both of us. I like to say that Kyle was won over due to the fact the lead pastor is a Mississippi State fan! No really, that is the icing on the cake for him. What drew us to CHC was the membership class. Before you join, you go through a 7 week new member class where you learn the values, beliefs, meet all the pastors, etc.  Then at the end, you decide if CHC is the right fit. We prayed about it and here we are!

 "...Since you are eager to have spiritual gifts, try to excel in gifts that build up the church." 1 Corinthians 14:12. At my old church, I was very involved in children's theatre. I miss that. They stress at CHC that everyone has a spiritual gift and I do believe that. Kyle and I have a hunch on how we can be used but we're still tweaking on how we can use our gifts to encourage others! I'm excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment