Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

eye of the tiger, i mean skyhawk

I went to my 1st Memphis Tiger basketball game in November. I'm a little embarassed that it took me 31 years to go. I watch them all the time on tv. What made it so special was that the Tigers were playing my UT-Martin Skyhawks!

 Look, the Skyhawks are only down by 7?! I needed to take this picture early before it got ugly. I cheered for both teams. We all knew who would win but it was still fun! There were so many Tiger fans. I was amazed at how many true blue fans came out for a UT-Martin game! The Tigers play in the FedEx Forum where the Grizzles play. This town has more support for college baskeetball than NBA. And that is awsome!

Shelly, Mariana, and Kristy. All cheered for both teams.

Kyle looks super excited in this picture! He is sporting his Grizzle hat!  

Kyle was so proud I was wearing my glasses. I'm getting better about it. It's taken me 10 years to realize I do need them for distance!

 Lester Hudson was sitting behind us. He's from Memphis and played for UT-Martin then was drafted last year. He was traded around and the day after this game we heard the Wizzards let him go. So sad. Maybe he'll go play overseas. He is still a celeb! I stole this picture from Kristy since she was stalking him! Overall, the Skyhawks didn't lose by THAT much! It was a fun time has by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment