Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

how does your garden grow?

In the ground? Well, we tried!  Last year we grew them in buckets and decided we needed a real garden! We love fresh veggies!

Kyle is mapping out our garden space.

Kyle's 1st time using a tiller. He's a natural.  His grandparents would be proud! Lesson learned: Kill the grass 1st. Don't till the land with the grass.  Not good! 

Here is our garden tilled with weeds/grass and soil and ready to go! haha! 

We planted tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower all of which was a flop!
We did grow: zucchini, squash, basil, okra, and cucumbers.  

Our harvest! 

 Maintaining the garden!  It was the 2nd hottest summer recorded.  Maybe that is why some of my garden didn't grow!  By the time I'm 50, maybe I'll get it right!

Okra is the easiest thing to grow!!! I didn't want to do it but my mom gave us 2 plants and I'm glad she did! We have bags full! 

So are cucumbers and zucchini! 

And squash! 

Our okra plant grew over 6 ft tall.  I picked this on 11.04.10.

The very last of our harvest. I picked this the week of Thanksgiving.  This is all the broccoli I got!
Hopefully next year, we'll have a better outcome with the rest of our garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment