Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

central pecks

...to be continued from the last post. I left off talking about how Kyle lost all of his weight by not stepping one foot into a gym.  When I met him, he was ending a 3 year membership at a local gym to which he rarely used.  It CAN be done without going to a gym! Kyle is living proof!

Most of you will remember the TV show "Friends."  The coffee shop they all hung out at was Central Perk. We actually live behind a park called Central Park and some of the road names in our subdivision are named after New York City land marks.

Kyle and I were running in Central Park and we noticed these...
WHAT?! We have our very own outdoor gym!

I've named it Central Pecks! It has a great ring to it!

I took a few pictures of some of the workout equipment. 


I love telling Kyle, "I'm heading to Central Pecks, see you in a bit!"  It is only about a 10 minute walk from our house. 

I'm very proud of my city for supplying this!

Kyle is working on his 6 pack!

Upper body workout! I was sore!

And this is the machine that gave me the idea for the name central pecks! Work those pecks Kyle!

Here is a "how to" video presented by Mr. McCoy himself!
We really do have a passion to inspire and encourage people.  Especially since Mississippi ranks as the # 1 most obese state in the country for the sixth year in a row.  I've mentioned before that we're on the Dave Ramsey get out of debt plan and our "Central Pecks" workout center is the type of gym we need...FREE! This year, Kyle and I are all about keeping our mind funds, body, and spirit in check.
This scripture comes to mind as I strive to stay on track this year. "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." 1 Corinthian 6:19-20
I like this one too! "Do not be conformed any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing, and perfect will." Romans 12:2

One more thing, Kyle went for his yearly physical last week and his blood work came back PERFECT!  Last year it was "barely normal" and now his labs came back in the middle!! He's done even better than last year! Again "weigh" to go Kyle!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Congratulations. I wish some of our parks had equipment like that. What a Blessing.You have a very encouraging blog. So glad I found it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outdoor gym, how awesome is that?! I wonder where else in the U.S. has parks like this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea the gym was there in central park. That is so cool and I WILL be using it soon! Love the verses, too. :)
    Jennifer Williams

    ReplyDelete