Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

food for finance: happy 200,000 miles

(healthy) food for finance is a column where we talk about how fitness and finance correlate with each other. join us on our journey to be both physically and financially fit.


I've written about our cars in the past. Kyle and I are saving to pay cash for a "newer" car. We completed Dave Ramsey's baby step 3 in February and will pause baby step 4 (we are doing some of baby step 4, we give 7% to retirement), 5, and 6 until we have our car fund in place. So we are putting on the breaks for the baby steps.  Kyle would like to get a mini-van! He loves those things and I am not sure if I can do it just yet. We both have 2002 SUVs and we really enjoy not having a car note. It is amazing. That is why we're saving cash so that we can get a "newer" car and not have a car note. Basically we are paying ourselves a car note and making 1% interest in our car account. When we have the cash and the price is right for the ride we want, we'll get it!

Until then.....we had a little mileage party. WHOO HOO!

Kyle's Tahoe turned 200,000 miles old in July.

We were on the interstate and I had to capture this moment.
199,999 and then

200,000 miles!
I am so glad I didn't cause a wreck. We are on our way to be million mile Joe (I kid!)

Our SUVs are holding up. I'll keep you posted when we get cars that are not 10 years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment